My fabric is a rayon jersey from Mood, but I cannot honestly recommend it. I'd only washed my fabric once like I should as a pre-treatment. It faded quite a bit, and then ironing it faded the color a bit more (particularly the brown spots) in the fabric.
This fabric in its unwashed state was beautiful. But, I expect with each wash that it will look less and less lively. *sad face* At the time I wrote this blog, Mood's website doesn't appear to be working. But, because I wouldn't recommend it,Â I didn't bother looking for a link.Â Mood normally carries beautiful fabric, but this one didn't do it for me, unfortunately. Â I lined the bodice with a brown mystery knit I have had in my stash for a while.
Don't get me wrong, it's a beautiful fabric that cut and sews well. It's just not standing up to normal use for me and it's only been once. I hope that makes sense.
The pattern is pretty easy to get through. There are several small pleats around this gorgeous neckline which is the focus for this style.
I did make a few adjustments to the construction, but it still didn't take away from the design.
I cut a 14 instead of a 12 because I wanted to wear this dress to the office and church and didn't want it skin tight. I think the ease is perfect.
I omitted the zipper in the back and just closed it up at the center back. Considering I'd cut one size larger than I normally would and my fabric was very stretchy, this worked out fine.
Instead of gathering the bodice at the waist, I inserted a 1/2" elastic at the waist. I added a wide belt for styling.
That's it for this DIY! I will be back next week with another DIY.
I wish you all a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!